“Through the ages there have been sacred warriors, who had heard the call of their heart. In any form. Be it Templars or troubadours, monks or artists, lovers or druids. The outer circumstances don’t matter. Because always underneath there is this tradition of the heart and of people who uphold the ethics and the sacred laws of the universe, which they feel in their heart. People who were striving to do good for a society, who brought in their stone to build a cathedral of love.“
An inspiring week retreat on Pico, one of the nine islands of the Azores in the Atlantic Ocean, to reconnect with the natural forces of earth, water, fire and air and the paradise we inherited on Earth. This week is an invitation to re-explore our bodies, our sensuality and our creativity in a spontaneous and playful way, and by this incarnate deeper into our full being. A true meeting of the soul.
The Azores are a group of inspiring islands that remind us of the pirate energies that once roamed here. It is an ideal place to reconnect with the powers of the elements, the vast waters (and ocean mammals), the fires of the volcanoes, the rough rocks and the ever present winds. It recalls of ancient wisdom and ancient sunken civilisations that might lay underneath the ocean in this area.
During this retreat we will be teaching/learning the specifics of shadowwork and lightwork (energetic earthgrid work) to help heal ourselves and the planet; we will be diving up stories of old and new civilisations; and of course we will meet the great water beings such as whales, dolphins and sharks and listen to their messages. The week is partly created in ‘open space’, discovering on the spot which Atlantic themes want to be revealed.
Morning: yoga / teachings
Afternoon: outdoor activities / open space sharing
Evening: Questions & Answers session / meditation
NB. THERE IS A € 100 EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT IF YOU REGISTER BEFORE MARCH 10TH.
Led by: Ton van der Kroon & Anne Wislez
Date: From Friday May 5th, 6 PM – to Saturday May 13th, 11 AM
Location: We will stay in three different locations on the island of Pico.
The first three nights will be in the Azores Youth Hostel in Sao Roque, the old harbour where they brought the dead whales ashore after killing them at sea. Here we will tune in to the way how humans have dealt with the whales in the past.
From 8 – 12 May we will move to Aldeia da Fonte on the other side of the island. Here we will be able to see the whales swim and also organize a whale tour. We’ll have a view over the waters of the ocean, and the hotel is surrounded by lush gardens. (https://www.aldeiadafonte.com)
The last night, May 13th, we will move to the capital of the island, Madalena. Here we will stay in Hotel Caravelas, close to the harbour and the old church, dedicated to Mary Magdalene.
Language: The retreat will be given in English
Price: € 1350 (€ 1250 = early bird booking up to March 10)
(including: accomodation in a 2 persons bedroom, 3 meals a day, transportation between hotels, whale and dolphins tour, teachings & organization /
excluding: flight to and from Pico (to be organized personally), personal drinks, additional tours and transportations decided on the spot).
NB. Direct flights from Brussels, Amsterdam and Lissabon are rather cheap.
Note: It might be interesting to add a few days to your journey to visit the main island Sao Miguel (main city: Ponta Delgada) and its three wonderful volcanoes.
You register by paying the costs – or an downpayment of € 200 – to ING ACCOUNT TREE OF LIFE, IBAN: NL90 INGB0008216143, BIC CODE: INGBNL2A. Please mention the event name and date.
In case of annulation up till one month before the event, you pay the registration costs of € 200. After that date the whole amount has to be paid.
PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION
We work with the principles of Open Space, which means we create the program together on the spot.
The Open Space principles are:
1. The people who are there, are the right people
2. Whatever happens, is the right thing to happen
3. When it begins, it begins
4. When it is over, it is over
5. Follow the Law of Two Feet
6. Expect the unexpected
To make sure the open space works effectively we need also some boundaries and clear intentions. Here are the conditions we work with:
1. You reserve a place by paying a downpayment of € 200 to ING bankaccount Tree of Life NL90 INGB 0008216143, BICcode: INGBNL2A, with the title of the event. The whole sum needs to be paid one month before the start of the event.
2. In case of cancellation there is a fee of € 200 up till one month of the start of the event. After that the whole sum needs to be paid.
3. The journey or flight to the event is not included in the price nor the organization of it. You need to organize this yourself.
4. If you stay extra days before or after the event, please get in contact with the hotel yourself.
5. Please bring local currency, or dollars to pay for any drinks and personal items.
6. We stay with two people in a room (unless there is a medical reason for a private room.) Please inform us if there is someone specific you want to share your room with.
7. The food will be mainly vegetarian, but sometimes there will be fish or meat, depending on the country or hotel. If you have any specific dietary needs, make sure you organise this yourself.
8. Your participation is at your own responsibility. Of course we will do anything possible to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible, but we can’t take any responsibility for your safety, nor for your emotional, physical or financial well being.
9. Make sure you have a valid travel insurance.
10. Your passport needs to be valid at least six months.
11. We are guests in another country, culture and religion. Please respect the local customs, rules, dresscode and formalities. Inform yourself about the country before you go.
12. The main intention of our work is personal and collective healing. If you want to visit touristic sites, please organize this before or after the event.
13. No drugs of any sort are permitted, and we like you to limit alcohol, coffee and meat. This will help you to bring your energy to a higher level.
14. We like your preparation and devotion to this work by tuning in the months and weeks before, by asking a few questions to yourself: What is my intention? What do I want to achieve? What is my pitfall or my shadow? How can I prepare myself?
15. You can only participate for the whole event or conference. The event always starts with the opening ceremony on the first night, at 8 pm, after the dinner we had together, and ends on the last morning with a closing ceremony that starts at 10 am.